Friday, April 17, 2009

Sleep-Deprived Sally...

Vincent was up most of the night last night. So, really, seriously, that 11 hour stretch the other night was a complete and total fluke! What a little tease he is! I didn't know what was wrong with him, though. He didn't appear sick or anything and I was at a lost of what to do. He was up about every two hours and then woke up for good at 5:30am (too damn early as far as I'm concerned). I was so exhausted this morning that when I was walking through the house my legs were weak and I felt like I was floating. A sign of sleep deprivation, I think. His two top teeth are finally coming in, so I think that may be the culprit, but who knows?! I couldn't let him cry it out last night because it was apparent that something was wrong with him; he is never up that much at night. So each time he woke up crying I tried bringing him into bed and nursing him, but even that did little to ease his discomfort. I couldn't even get frustrated because I just felt so bad for him. So - that was my night. Not a good one AT ALL. Hopefully today will look up, as I am going to go out shopping with my mom. That is if Vincent allows such a thing!

Oh, and if you are confused about the title of this entry or you're wondering who the hell Sally is, let me take a moment to explain. See, it has a been a long standing Higgins family tradition to put the name Sally after everything. This is something I have proudly instilled in my husband now, too. For example, if Anthony were to have beer breath, I'd call him "Beer Breath Sally", or if I have a pimple on my face I may be called "Pimple Face Sally", or if a member of our family is eating a great deal of food, they may be dubbed "Pig Face Sally". So, me being sleep deprived this morning I gave myself the name "Sleep-Deprived Sally". You get the drift....maybe. Yes, we do love each other, we just can't look the other way when the opportunity arises to be quirky, strange and apparently insulting to one another. Now that is love. Isn't it?