Thursday, April 16, 2009

How Do You Like Them Apples?

This morning, while on the way home from my parents, I had the unfortunate luck of listening to Jeff and Jeremy in the Morning on KZOZ. I was barely paying attention to the immature male bantering until I heard Jeremy make a comment about Kate Winslet doing nude scenes in her movies. He begged and pleaded with her to never do a nude scene again because her boobs were "horrible" and "disgusting". I, too, became disgusted; but not with the beautiful Kate Winslet but with the despicable Jeremy (aka Mr. FuckFace). As soon as walked in my front door, I walked straight to my computer and shot Mr. FuckFace an email:


Hi guys! This morning, while listening to your show, I heard Jeremy make a comment about Kate Winslet doing nude scenes, or the fact that he wishes she never did a single one again because those "things" are "horrible". HELLO! That woman has had two children, in which she probably breast fed both of them. I'm sure her boobs don't look like that of a 22 year old chick who has never had a baby. But that is what is so refreshing about seeing her in the roles where she does go nude....she is real. She is relateable to her audience. She hasn't fallen victim to the plastic surgery addiction that most Hollywood women have divulged in. She is happy and comfortable with her body, which should be applauded by both woman and men, NOT ridiculed. I don't get offended easily, but I have to say this comment struck a cord for 2 reasons. 1. I am a 26 year old mother. Although I have lost all my baby weight, my body does not look the same. Yes, my boobs hang a little lower and they are uneven as well. 2. I don't appreciate you insinuating that if there is a slight imperfection in your body, even after having TWO CHILDREN, you should "do something about it". Imperfections make us human, unique and beautiful. And especially for a woman who has done the most amazing thing a woman can do, have children, twice - she did not deserve your insult. I think you owe her and every woman out there an apology.

Emily Macri
I will let you know if we ever get that apology we so radically deserve....