Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Redemption

If you read my previous blog about how pissed I was at my husband, you'll be happy to hear he made up for it. See, today marked my mother's 51st birthday and due to my ridiculous hectic day yesterday I was unable to make it up to the store to get a card. On his way home from the gym, Anthony went by the store and picked up a Birthday card and a bouquet of flowers for my mom. So, those daggers eyes I expected to be handing out like candy was quickly replaced with a genuine smile and a semi-sweet "thank you". That is just like men, isn't it? Just when you think you'll get the opportunity to rip them a new one, they do something endearing and you just can't be mad anymore! Damn it!

I also wanted to clear up one thing from my previous entry. When I said that Vincent was crying his crib and I was simply ignoring him, I do want to clarify that it was his bedtime and we are trying really hard to get him to fall asleep without a boob in his mouth. I wasn't ingenuously divulging in shitty t.v for the hell of it. I only let Vincent cry in his crib if I am trying to get him to sleep. Although I used to have to do it every now and then when he had colic and cried non stop. Sometimes I just needed that break, even if it was just for 5 minutes so that I could regroup and collect my emotions before I snapped entirely and ended up in the mental ward.