Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grateful Prisoner

This is me,
Drowning in a lake of fulfilled promises,
Embodied by the clever soul
Of a wise, old mother.
Fondly stroking the head of my infant son,
Singing lullabies in the darkness of the night.
The only light that shines glows from the candle I hold for him.
It's like I've loved him for a thousand years.
Magic little fingers, interlock with mine,
Giving hope to a hopeless world,
Making life a privilege.
Large eyes that follow my every movement,
Exhibiting the most purest of trusts
Convinces me that I am his world, as he is mine.
The best of me illuminates in all of him.
My boy.
My love.
I am a grateful prisoner,
Locked contently behind bars,
Bars made solely of love, purity, trust, honesty, and the future.
There is nowhere else I'd rather be.